I hate saying farewell to summer but as that cooler, drier air moves in and the mornings and evenings require a light sweater, I start remembering all of the things I love about fall! If we can't swim in the pool all day then we might as well drink pumpkin lattes and light cinnamon candles! Well, my girls don't drink lattes but they do love anything and everything pumpkin! These have been a weekly dinner menu item since labor day. They're easy, delicious and loaded with everyone's favorite flavors of fall! I hope you like them as much as we do!
Prep Ahead Plan: Mix the dry ingredients the night before or even a few days before and store it in a ziploc bag. When you're ready preheat your griddle and quickly mix up the wet ingredients in a bowl and mix in the dry!
I heart my Cuisinart Griddler.
1 3/4 cups milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
non-stick butter spray
1. Preheat a griddle over medium high heat.
2. Mix the wet ingredients (the first 6 ingredients) in a large bowl.
3. Mix the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
4. Stir dry ingredients into wet, just to combine.
5. Spray the griddle with non stick spray and drop a 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle (drop as many 1/4 cups of batter on the griddle that will fit). When the pancake starts to bubble, flip and brown the other side! Serve with confectioners sugar or syrup!