Thursday, December 22, 2011
PW Olive Cheese Bread Turned Prep Ahead Appetizer!
A few days ago I made Pioneer Woman's olive cheese bread. I used a section of french bread to make two pieces and threw the rest of the mixture in the fridge. I decided to use the leftovers to make some prep ahead appetizers for this coming week! My mom's recipe for English muffin olive pizzas and my mother in law's recipe for baked crab meats came to mind and I created this little app adaptation!
Here is the plan:
1. Go HERE to make the olive cheese bread filling.
2. Take 2 packages of English muffins and split them open.
3. Lay the halves on 2 baking sheets.
4. Spread a few heaping spoonfuls on each English muffin half.
5. Place the pans in the freezer for about 20 minutes. After, remove from the freezer and cut each half into quarters and separate the ready to bake little apps into freezer bags. Place bags in the freezer for later use! DONE!
Place desired amount of olive pizza bites on a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 375. Bake for about 10-15 minutes. Broil on high for the last few minutes so they will be brown and bubbly! Serve!!!