Prep Ahead Plan: Triple the recipe below and store it in an air tight container in the pantry for a quick fix taco night.
(seasoning for 1 pound of ground beef, turkey or chicken)
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt (or 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt)
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 tablespoon flour (or masa)
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Be sure the flour is fully incorporated with no lumps!
2. Store in an air tight container or use immediately.
To prepare taco meat:
Seasoning mix from above
1 pound meat (ground beef, turkey, chicken)
2/3 cup water
taco fixings of your choosing!
1. Saute 1 pound of ground beef, turkey or chicken and drain the fat.
2. Sprinkle pre-made seasoning over cooked meat and mix to combine.
3. Add 2/3 cup of water and mix well. Simmer on low for about 20 minutes and serve!